Saturday, March 6, 2010

Expectations for the Course

Currently in my final semester as an Arts Administration student at Columbia University, I am looking forward to Image Culture as a return to the academic part of my visual arts education. Having completed my MA in Art History in 2005, I spent the next three years working at two very different art galleries in Washington, D.C. The first gallery sold nineteenth century impressionist and academic style paintings and sculpture while the second specialized in contemporary pop art with a focus on rock and roll imagery. The range of art that I have worked with is diverse and has left me marveling at the range of human creativity. I am hoping that this course will help me to continue my exploration of the visual arts and the common themes uniting different forms of artistic expression. I am particularly interested in digital media, as my recently submitted thesis dealt with issues surrounding its conservation and storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment